All of my cards are numbered so I can keep track of how many cards I've made along with the month and year I made them.
The layout designs that I use on my cards are provided from the design team at Freshly Made Sketches and Mojo Monday card challenges. The color schemes on some of my cards are compliments of the Color Throwdown card challenge. I owe my thanks to them for the use of these challenges.
Thank you for stopping by.

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

You're my anchor


#622-2020-02.
This layout design is from this week's freshly made sketches challenge.
The supplies I used are :
White cardstock,
Anchor embossing folder,
Anchor stamp and cut,
Ribbon messages die,
Scalloped heart,
Heart gems.
I don't have any sentiment stamps for an anchor sentiment ,so I had to write it on the ribbon die myself. I struggled for over an hour trying to put some hemp cord around the scalloped heart and anchor to make it look like a rope around the heart and anchor, but I couldn't seem to get it to look the way I wanted it to, so I left it off and just went with a piece of hemp on the top of the anchor instead.
Thanks for stopping by to visit.


3 comments:

  1. I love how you entwined the anchor with the heart! And such a perfect embossed background! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty Valentine! The embossed background looks gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun take on the sketch! The anchor is such a unique element for a Valentine card and yet perfect for this card and sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete