All of my cards are numbered so I can keep track of how many cards I've made along with the month and year I made them.
The layout designs that I use on my cards are provided from the design team at Freshly Made Sketches and Mojo Monday card challenges. The color schemes on some of my cards are compliments of the Color Throwdown card challenge. I owe my thanks to them for the use of these challenges.
Thank you for stopping by.

Friday, February 21, 2020

Just a note...


#631-2020-02.
I was on Facebook and I saw a card that was made by Tami White and she gave a brief description of how to make a perfect circle on a card. So I gave it a try and here is the result.
First, I made my own circle stencil by taking a circle die and cutting out a circle using a piece of poster board. Then I layed it on top of the piece of cardstock that I used for my picture. 
Then I stamped the lighthouse and cut it out and then I briefly taped it down so I could sponge on the sunset colors.
After doing this, I removed the temporary lighthouse that I used for a guide for the sunset and then I stamped the lighthouse on in place of the temporary one.
Then I used a yellow copic marker to color the door and the top of the lighthouse. I used a red colored pencil on the lighthouse.
The sentiment is from the stamp set pictured above. It's from M.S. Sparkle and Co. I stamped it and hand cut it out and the used double-sided adhesives to adhere it to the card. The birds are from a stencil that I have. The stamp set that has the lighthouse is called "Coastal".
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my card. I made it for this weeks Freshly Made Sketches challenge.
Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog. 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sponged sunset! It's always great to discover a new crafty tip or technique. Lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This sunset background is absolutely amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete