All of my cards are numbered so I can keep track of how many cards I've made along with the month and year I made them.
The layout designs that I use on my cards are provided from the design team at Freshly Made Sketches and Mojo Monday card challenges. The color schemes on some of my cards are compliments of the Color Throwdown card challenge. I owe my thanks to them for the use of these challenges.
Thank you for stopping by.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Dear Friend

Dear Friend
# 432-215-04
Supplies used :
Cardstock : Pastel Blue, White, Green, Pink, Light Bright Designer paper pack
Tools : Dots Embossing Folder, Flowers and Leaves punch
Die Cut : Branch w/Leaves
Accessories : 3 green brads
Stamp : Dear friend wood mount stamp
Ink : Pink

This card was made for 2 different sketch challenges. The first challenge is for the layout design from http://www.freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com

The second challenge is from http://www.colorthrowdown.blogspot.com. This weeks new color throwdown challenge was to use pink, green, and aqua. 
Since I don't have any cardstock that is the actual aqua, I substituted with a pastel blue, which is close enough to the aqua color that is required for the challenge.

The strip on the side of the card is from my Light Bright Designer paper pack. I have attached it to a pink marble cardstock to give it a bordered look. This is attached to a white dot embossed cardstock, which is attached to a pastel blue blank card.

For the leaves behind the flowers, I used my Branch w/Leaves die cut, which is cut out on pastel blue cardstock.

The flowers are cut out from my Flowers and Leaves hand punch. I used pastel pink and Always Artichoke paper. Then I used green brads in the centers.

The sentiment is a wood mount stamp that is stamped on with pink ink from Studio G. 

Thank you for stopping by. please feel free to browse my site and follow me on bloglovin.


6 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! I love how you used the sketch for your layout, and of course the way you used the Throwdown colors! Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO very pretty! I LOVE the embossed background and the layout of your flowers! Thanks for playing along with The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card! The flowers are so pretty and the "off the edge" element is very cool. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love.y use of the sketch and colors!! This for joining us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way the flower and banner go off the edge - and then the flowers carry through to the bottom of the card - beautifully done! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your texture and sweet trio of daisies! So glad you were able to join us at CTD this week!

    ReplyDelete