All of my cards are numbered so I can keep track of how many cards I've made along with the month and year I made them.
The layout designs that I use on my cards are provided from the design team at Freshly Made Sketches and Mojo Monday card challenges. The color schemes on some of my cards are compliments of the Color Throwdown card challenge. I owe my thanks to them for the use of these challenges.
Thank you for stopping by.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

My Honey

My Honey
# 428-2015-04
Supplies used :
Cardstock : Black, White, Snap Color Vibe from Simple Stories paper pack
Ink : Black
Stamp Set : Beary Fun rubber stamp set
Accessories : Honeycomb embossing folder, Black 1/4" ribbon, yellow brad

You can also find this card posted in this weeks Freshly Made Sketches card challenge at http://www.freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com as well as this weeks Color Throwdown card challenge, which is at http://www.colorthrowdown.blogspot.com

As I was checking out this weeks layout design and the cards the design team had made, I kept going back to the card that Narelle had made. She always makes such wonderful cards. So I decided to make my card a little bit like hers. 

I chose black and white cardstock with paper from my Snap Color Vibe paper pack from Simple Stories. 

The bear and the sentiment are both from my Beary Fun rubber stamp set. I used black ink to stamp them onto white cardstock and then I cut out the bear and used a double-sided dimensional sticker to attach it to the card. I also used colored pencils to give the bear some color.

Then I used a black 1/4" ribbon and a yellow brad instead of a button and Baker's Twine like what Narelle used on her card.

I hope you have enjoyed your visit and you will return soon. Please feel free to follow my blog and check out more of my cards as I post them. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute! And yes Narelle is a wonderful inspiration! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card! Love that little bear! Narelle does make amazing cards! She inspires me all the time! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on both the sketch and the colors...your little bear is just tooo cute!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete