All of my cards are numbered so I can keep track of how many cards I've made along with the month and year I made them.
The layout designs that I use on my cards are provided from the design team at Freshly Made Sketches and Mojo Monday card challenges. The color schemes on some of my cards are compliments of the Color Throwdown card challenge. I owe my thanks to them for the use of these challenges.
Thank you for stopping by.

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Thank you

#592-2019-01.
I was looking on YouTube last week for techniques with making cards and I came across a video about a dryer sheet technique. After watching the video and a couple other videos on this technique, I decided I just had to try it!! It doesn't quite look as good as I'd hoped, but here it is anyway...
First, I used an aqua blue ink from StudioG inks to stamp the flower from the Fabulous Florets stamp set onto the white card panel. Then I used an adhesive spray and I sprayed it on the card panel. Then I took a used dryer sheet and put it onto the adhesive sprayed card panel. I folded the dryer sheet over the backside and adhered it to the back. Then I sprinkled on some very fine silver glitter and shook off the excess.
I used the other flowers from the Fabulous Florets stamp set along with the leaf stem for the card theme. I used Close to Cocoa ink for the leaf stem.
For the flowers, I used copic markers to color them.
The sentiment is from Hero Arts ribbon messages stamp and cut set. I highlighted it with a light blue versa magic chalk ink.
I realize that the stampin up dotted scallop border punch is retired, but I used it anyway, with hopes that maybe stampin up will eventually un-retire it! I think this border punch looks good on certain cards!
Thanks for stopping by to visit! 


No comments:

Post a Comment