All of my cards are numbered so I can keep track of how many cards I've made along with the month and year I made them.
The layout designs that I use on my cards are provided from the design team at Freshly Made Sketches and Mojo Monday card challenges. The color schemes on some of my cards are compliments of the Color Throwdown card challenge. I owe my thanks to them for the use of these challenges.
Thank you for stopping by.

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Rejoice

Rejoice in the Lord
# 413-2015-03
Supplies used :
Cardstock : Bordering Blue, White, Snap Color Vibe patterned paper pack from Simple Stories
Stamp Sets : Fabulous Florets, Good News clear stamp set
Ink : Basic Grey (Cross & Rejoice), Brocade Blue (in the Lord)
Other : Paper piercing tool, Yellow crayola marker, Pink crayola marker, 1 pink gem, 2 yellow gems, 3 silver gems, Circles #2 Die Cut.

The layout design for this card is from this weeks Freshly Made Sketches challenge. It is located at http://www.freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com

Although pretty much everyone who makes hand-made greeting cards usually make cards that have Easter bunnies, baby chicks, eggs, and candy for their Easter cards, I wanted to make a religious card because after all, Easter Sunday is actually about the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. 

I don't have any blendabilities markers that I can use, so instead I used a yellow and a pink crayola marker to color in my fabulous florets flowers after I cut them out. After coloring them in, I used double-sided dimensional stickers to attach them to my card.

The zig-zag and the yellow/white striped papers are from my Snap color vibe patterned paper pack from Simple Stories. I chose these 2 patterned papers to go with Bordering Blue cardstock.

I thank you for stopping by to visit my blog. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and you will visit again. Please feel free to join my blog so you can follow it on your own blogs.

Thanks again.


3 comments:

  1. What a pretty Easter card! I love how you've kept the focus on the card on the true meaning of Easter, too. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! The flowers, your reason for the season focus...perfect! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete