All of my cards are numbered so I can keep track of how many cards I've made along with the month and year I made them.
The layout designs that I use on my cards are provided from the design team at Freshly Made Sketches and Mojo Monday card challenges. The color schemes on some of my cards are compliments of the Color Throwdown card challenge. I owe my thanks to them for the use of these challenges.
Thank you for stopping by.

Saturday, April 30, 2016

With Love

With Love
# 520-2016-04
Supplies used are :
Cardstock : Great White, Burgundy (Parisian Nights paper pack), Hunter Green (Gorgeous Greens paper pack), Rose Bouquet and Buttons & Blooms (Vintage Lace Collection from Papercraft Inspirations).
Tools : Sissix BigKick, Cherry Blossom Embossing Folder, Monarch Butterfly Punch, Chalk Applicators.
Other : Sequins, Neutral White Pearl beads and Neutral White Pearl adhesive gems.
Versa Magic Chalk Inks : Pixie Dust (Pink) and Thatched Straw (Yellow).

Since this is my first time joining the Fusion card challenge, let me tell you that I number all of my cards with a card number, the year and month they were made. This way, if someone is interested in one of my cards, all they have to do is tell me the card number and I will know which card they care interested in. I also number them so I know how many cards I have made since I first started making cards about 5 yrs ago. So, now that you know this, let me tell you about my card...

First of all, I used an 8 1/2 x 11" white cardstock for the blank card. I cut it down to 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 and then scored it at 4 1/4 and folded it in half. Then I cut a piece of burgundy paper and cut it down to size and then did the same with the white paper on top of it.
I used my cherry blossom embossing folder with my BigKick to emboss the background. Then I used my Versa Magic chalk inks with chalk applicators to color in the cherry blossom flowers and then added some red sequins on the pink ones. I used gel pens to outline the centers of the cherry blossoms.
The butterflies were cut out using a butterfly punch. I used hunter green paper from my Gorgeous Greens paper pack. I used Neutral white pearl beads on them to make them stand out a little better. 
The rest of the paper I used is called Rose Bouquet and Buttons & Bows. These papers are from the Vintage Lace collection from Papercraft Inspirations. I added a neutral white pearl adhesive gem to the sentiment tag.
I'm not very good at writing blogs, so I mainly just try to write about what I used to make my cards. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and will return again. Please feel free to follow me on bloglovin or join me on my networked blogs. Or you can follow by email. Thanks again...



3 comments:

  1. Love all of your pretty blooms ... so glad you joined usa t Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely technique embossing the flowers and then coloring them with chalk - they look beautiful! thank you for joining us in the Fusion Challenge and we hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! The little butterflies look beautiful against the flowery background!

    ReplyDelete