All of my cards are numbered so I can keep track of how many cards I've made along with the month and year I made them.
The layout designs that I use on my cards are provided from the design team at Freshly Made Sketches and Mojo Monday card challenges. The color schemes on some of my cards are compliments of the Color Throwdown card challenge. I owe my thanks to them for the use of these challenges.
Thank you for stopping by.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday
# 519-2016-04
For this weeks Freshly Made Sketches challenge, I chose to make a birthday card using the following supplies :
Cardstock : core'dinations Beachside paper pack (Cut to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored and folded at 4 1/4"), Turquoise Blue, Sweet Tweets & Decoupage Delights from Papercraft Inspirations Spring Flowers collection.
Other : 1 light blue brad, 3 Cool light blue pearl adhesive gems, 2 Neutral white craft beads, Lace Ribbon, Poinsettia Thinlit Die, Monarch Butterfly punch.

The main background paper is Sweet Tweets from the Spring Flowers collection from Papercraft Inspirations. It is attached to a Turquoise Blue and then a light pastel yellow.
The stem and the sentiment is from the Decoupage Delights.
I used my Monarch butterfly punch with turquoise paper for the butterflies. Then I used my poinsettia thinlit dies for the flower, which has a light blue brad in the middle. I added the pearl craft beads to make the butterflies stand out and then I added the lace ribbon and the blue pearl gems for an added look. 
I enjoyed making this card for this weeks http://www.freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com card challenge. I hope you will enjoy it, too. Thanks for visiting me. 

2 comments:

  1. How pretty this is! The lace adds such a special touch. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet floral scene with the dimensional butterflies and the birds on the paper! The lace is such a soft and lovely touch. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete