All of my cards are numbered so I can keep track of how many cards I've made along with the month and year I made them.
The layout designs that I use on my cards are provided from the design team at Freshly Made Sketches and Mojo Monday card challenges. The color schemes on some of my cards are compliments of the Color Throwdown card challenge. I owe my thanks to them for the use of these challenges.
Thank you for stopping by.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Think Pink...Survivor

Think Pink...Survivor
# 379-2014-10
As I am a cancer survivor myself, I thought this weeks mojo monday card sketch challenge was perfect for making this card. It was 12 yrs ago that I was diagnosed with cervical cancer and endometriosis. I ended up having a complete hysterectomy at the age of 32. Luckily, with the grace of God and having a good doctor, I no longer have cancer. However, there is still a chance that the cancer can come back some day and be in my pelvic area this time. I pray every day that the cancer stays away and does not come back and that they find a cure for those who are still suffering from cancer.

**Supplies used for my card are :
Cardstock : Light grey pre-folded blank card, pink marble cardstock, white cardstock, Snap color vibe paper pack from Simple Stories (zig zag paper), Dots & Stripes paper pad (grey with pink dots paper).
Sentiments : Pink Power stamp set, Believe stamp set
Extras : pink 5/8 inch ribbon, butterfly punch, grey 5/8 inch ribbon, pink scalloped border punch, music sheet embossing folder, dots embossing folder, pink brads, double-sided adhesive mounting circles.
I am using this card in this weeks Mojo Monday # 366 card sketch challenge located at http://www.mojomonday.blogspot.com. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog.

1 comment:

  1. This card conveys such a powerful message and I'm so glad to hear you're a Survivor!

    ReplyDelete