All of my cards are numbered so I can keep track of how many cards I've made along with the month and year I made them.
The layout designs that I use on my cards are provided from the design team at Freshly Made Sketches and Mojo Monday card challenges. The color schemes on some of my cards are compliments of the Color Throwdown card challenge. I owe my thanks to them for the use of these challenges.
Thank you for stopping by.

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Today Makes Me Smile

Today Makes Me Smile
# 480-2016-01
Supplies used :
Cardstock : Pastel Green, Hunter Green, Green Marble, Dots & Stripes paper pad
Ink : Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum
Stamps : Handwritten Sentiments clear stamp set, Stamp & Cut Flowers
Framelits : Stamp & Cut Flowers, Branch w/ Leaves Die Cut, Scalloped Circle framelit, Circle framelit.
Accessories : Sequins

This card is also posted in this weeks http://www.freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com card sketch challenge.

I decided to try using a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" scalloped circle framelit to make a circle card for this weeks challenge. I used a pastel green for this. 

Then I used a green marble paper and I cut out a large circle to use as my background.

The striped strip on the side is paper from my Dots & Stripes paper pad.

I used my branch w/ leaves die cut along with my Stamp & Cut flowers set, which is a clear stamp set that comes with the matching framelits. For my flowers, I used Perfect Plum ink and for the sentiment, I used Elegant Eggplant ink, which are both Stampin' Up inks. The sentiment is from my Handwritten Sentiments clear stamp set. I added the sequins to give my card an added look.

And this completes my card for this weeks card challenge. Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are appreciated. 

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty card! I love that it's round! That is one circle I don't think I could tackle! Such beautiful flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! Very creative use of a round card with this week's sketch. I love the colors and details! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete