All of my cards are numbered so I can keep track of how many cards I've made along with the month and year I made them.
The layout designs that I use on my cards are provided from the design team at Freshly Made Sketches and Mojo Monday card challenges. The color schemes on some of my cards are compliments of the Color Throwdown card challenge. I owe my thanks to them for the use of these challenges.
Thank you for stopping by.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Bee Happy

Bee Happy
# 434-2015-05
Supplies used :
Cardstock : Black, White, Metallic Gold, Simple Stories paper pack
Stamps : Outdoor Fun rubber stamps
Accessories : 1/4" Black ribbon, 5/8" Gold ribbon, 2 black brads, 1 yellow brad
Tools : Honeycomb embossing folder, Alphabet wood stamps
Other : Silver glitter glue, Gold glitter glue, yellow coloring pencil
Ink : Black

This card is a 5 1/2" x 3 1/2" Tall and skinny card. 

I used white for the first layer and embossed it with my honeycomb embossing folder. The long strip for the side image was embossed with a honeycomb border embossing folder onto metallic gold paper and bordered with black paper.

The other background image is a yellow with white dots paper from Snap Color Vibe paper pack from Simple Stories and is bordered with black paper.

I used my Alphabet wood mount stamps for the sentiment and is stamped on with black ink. I added 2 black brads on the side.

The bee, flower, fly, and the "Bzzzzzzz" are from my Outdoor Fun rubber stamp set. I stamped them onto white paper, colored them in with colored pencils, and then cut out by hand. I used double-sided adhesives to attach them to the card.

Then I used silver glitter glue to highlight the wings on the bee and the fly. I used gold glitter glue on the center of the flower to highlight it and make it stand out a little.

I hope you have enjoyed my card as well as your visit to my blog. Please feel free to visit as often as you want to and to join my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment