All of my cards are numbered so I can keep track of how many cards I've made along with the month and year I made them.
The layout designs that I use on my cards are provided from the design team at Freshly Made Sketches and Mojo Monday card challenges. The color schemes on some of my cards are compliments of the Color Throwdown card challenge. I owe my thanks to them for the use of these challenges.
Thank you for stopping by.

Friday, July 8, 2016

Just Because

Just Because
# 530-2016-07
My theme on my card is an idea that I got from Kathy from The Daily Marker. I recently purchased one of those little relaxation coloring books that has mandala pictures in it to color with markers. Yesterday, while on facebook, I saw a post from Kathy's The Daily Marker website showing how to make handmade greeting cards using pictures that you have colored, such as from the type of coloring book I just mentioned. So, I chose a mandala picture that I wanted to use on a card and then I used my markers to color it in before cutting it out and putting it on my card.
The sentiment is from my All Year Greetings stamp set. The monarch butterflies are cut out from my hand punch. 
I am posting this card in this weeks http://www.freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com as well as in Kathy's Daily Marker card challenge, You can find her challenge at http://www.thedailymarker.com.
Thank you so much for checking out my blog this week. Please feel free to join my networked blogs or follow me on bloglovin or by email. 


2 comments:

  1. This is a very pretty design. It's funny that it reminded me of those coloring book images, and then I saw that you wrote that in your post! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect use for the coloring books! I love your rich colors. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete